Not merging or triggering

Master Electrical

Feb 21, 2020, 10:15:02 AM2/21/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
user key: ANeASfLpNKTGm8MGC025dcbvm9fihguylg+hqoEADyzrDCpc1jQiO+vWAU332eiwgpS5ZoH53rR/
Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NPeEXelZwRuqvaXI8KanfOucnPaVmZKWBsEKYWDljMI/edit?usp=sharing

I have exhausted all my options and patience looking for a solution. Hopefully someone here can help me.

I have been using Autocrat for years. On several of my other spreadsheets I still use it.

This one spreadsheet in particular is not cooperating.

It is a significantly large spreadsheet which collects form responses.

I don't need it to do anything special just yet, just merge tags into document like it has in the past. I also double checked admin console to ensure permissions were granted. As mentioned before though it only appears to be new projects. Previous ones working fine.

Series of initial events:
Create job
Select google doc template
Merge tags automatically sync as I create them to match to their corresponding questions
Select folder to save
Create email share template
Set trigger to run on form submit and on timer

What is observed:
No email gets sent
Document is created with naming convention assigned as file name
Document is in selected folder
None of the tags within the document have merged

When I go back into the job settings it has reverted share and trigger settings to default
When I check the hidden job settings tab within the sheet it doesn't show any setting for sharing or triggers

What I have done to try and resolve:
Started from scratch with a new sheet accepting the response
Minimized naming conventions as some may have been quite long
Manually assigned 90+ merge tags as a result
Run again with same result
Turned triggers on an off again in manage triggers menu
Deleted the existing job and hidden settings tab and started again

Is there something I am missing, something specific I should look for, troubleshoot or settings I am missing?

Any help would be great...

Master Electrical

Feb 21, 2020, 10:17:42 AM2/21/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on

Joseph Schmidt

Feb 22, 2020, 2:58:05 PM2/22/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
You have more than 900 merge tags.  I think you have exceeded the limit of Autocrat and I don't know of a merge program that will handle that many.

I would try breaking your template into smaller parts and see if you can get Autocrat to run.

https://www.masterelectricalaust.com.au/

Master Electrical (Aust) Pty Ltd

ABN: 77 159 189 929

Electrical Contractors: C2029

PO Box 40970 Casuarina 0811

Nick Mobile: 0401 152 188

Apollo Mobile: 0410 504 911

Theo Mobile: 0432 650 147

The information in this email is intended solely for the addressee named. It may contain legally privileged or confidential information that is subject to copyright. Use or transmittal of the information in this email other than for its intended purpose could potentially be an offence under the NT Criminal Code.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error, please delete the email and notify the sender. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.

Master Electrical

Feb 23, 2020, 10:31:04 PM2/23/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joe,

I'll have to find an alternative solution for this particular project.

Joseph Schmidt

Feb 24, 2020, 9:31:29 AM2/24/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Let us know if you find a merge tool that works for this merge.

Did you modify the template?  I see the merge tags have % instead of <<>>.

You may want to produce one merge for the pages that every home has and then with the sections that could be blank.

Master Electrical

Feb 25, 2020, 7:43:24 AM2/25/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
I have a script I purchased through Fiver but you need to set all the parameters manually.

Time can be saved using a spreadsheet but its still a little clunky.