Manually Overwriting

Joel Render

Jul 9, 2019, 4:31:37 PM7/9/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hey,

I've got Autocrat set up to run a job on a Form Trigger on my Form Responses 1 sheet, which it does quite successfully. However, sometimes the data that the respondent entered in on the form was mistyped, misspelled, etc. I can, of course, make the corrections on the Form Responses 1 sheet and on the merged output file myself, but it would be handy if it was possible to be able to run the job manually again and have it overwrite the original output file (a google doc). Right now, even if I remove the one Merge Condition that I have set up (Timestamp is NOT NULL), Autocrat won't run on rows that it has already merged once before.

Is this possible? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance for whatever help/insight that you can provide.

Joel

Joseph Schmidt

Jul 9, 2019, 5:52:13 PM7/9/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Autocrat always creates a new file so what you describe isn't possible.

You shouldn't need to be checking the TimeStamp.  Autocrat checks the status column for being blank before it will attempt to run for that row.

Joel Render

Jul 9, 2019, 6:02:27 PM7/9/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
If overwriting the file is not a possibility, can I change the name of the output file and then run it manually on rows that it has already merged once before?

Not that it matters, but I actually do need the condition because one of the rows I'm using has formulas in it that are copied down. I don't want that row to be merged ever.

Joseph Schmidt

Jul 9, 2019, 10:11:50 PM7/9/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
You can change the name but you will have to clear the status column before you rerun.  Autocrat will update the columns.  The status columns will only point to the most recent file.

Joe Schmidt

God Loves US All