Autocrat won't start because of alleged copy/paste tags

Alexandre GRAPIN

Aug 19, 2019, 8:15:12 AM8/19/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hi all,

First of all, let me express my huge gratitude to the team providing such an incredibly helpful add-on as Autocrat.
Generating dozens of email, documents has never been so easy from Google Dos/Sheets/Slides.

Still I'm facing a severe issue here.
I was preparing a slide template this morning, and was able to prepare a new job and generate a preview (quite spot on  on first attempt I must admit ;-)

In the process, I came to copy and paste few tags in my Slide template, and also moved around some columns in my Sheet - for convenience I thought.
And then, as I tried to only open Autocrat, I got the following message

Error: Tags fetching failed. Please make sure type in all tags in your template manually. AutoCrat won't fetch tags that are from copy & paste.

Here my attempts to come back to normal, but all in vain
- removed the copied tags
- renamed my Slide template (deleting it would be a pain), hoping that Autocrat would forget about it.
- removed Autocrat from my Sheet, put it back again (closing my Opera browser in between)
- click "New Job" button in the Autocrat empty welcome panel - would display wait gif endlessly

That bothers me a lot, because this is basically preventing me from using ALL of my Autocrat jobs :(

Please let me know in case you need any more details from my side to fix this.
Keeping my fingers crossed, I thank you in advance for any fix you can find.

My user key AMWRuYgp0HJp/bHMGKdFx6qHfo4GGMaXBPgvi8F674Yr10kksUFkipfSMm0LAr3KAtgg5YCeAT3/

Best,
Alex

Joseph Schmidt

Aug 19, 2019, 9:24:21 AM8/19/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
One has to be careful when copying and pasting.  Without knowing it, you bring along extra information.  Have you tried to delete and type in the merge tags that you copied?

You might try going to the version history of the presentation template and restore it to when it last worked.

Alexandre GRAPIN

Aug 19, 2019, 10:08:50 AM8/19/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Thank you Joe,

I ended up removing all the tags from my template and carefully TYPED each and every one of them, and now everything is back to norma :D

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply

Best,
Alex