Add more attchemnts to mail

Daniel Wintersdorf

May 20, 2019, 5:08:22 AM5/20/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello,

I discovered Autocrat and i think it is nearly perfect for my use. I generate certificates based on the participants of my courses. Some times i want to add more attachments then the certificate created by Autocrat.
Is there a way i could add more PDF file to the outgoing mail? All files are on Google drive. For all mail there is a different file to add, but all the links could be added to the sheets table.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Joseph Schmidt

May 20, 2019, 9:03:21 AM5/20/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Why not add the link inside the PDF so the person can click on the link to get the extra information?.

You might want to experiment with sharing the link in the email that is sent.

Sharing via a link reduces the size of the email being sent.

Mark Damon

May 20, 2019, 9:06:28 AM5/20/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com

Or, if you have different PDF files depending on the information submitted, you could set up an “If/Then” formula that reads the submitted data and automatically inserts the link into the email or merged document that corresponds to the data submitted.  Then, install the CopyDown add-on so that for each new submission, the formula is entered and the field is populated with the correct link(s) prior to the AutoCrat merge.

Mark E. Damon
Educational Technology Coordinator
Google Certified Trainer
Medford Township School District
137 Hartford Road
Medford, New Jersey  08055

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Medford School District, use caution when opening links, attachments, or providing information.

Daniel Wintersdorf

May 23, 2019, 3:09:28 PM5/23/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Why not add the link inside the PDF so the person can click on the link to get the extra information?.

You might want to experiment with sharing the link in the email that is sent.

Sharing via a link reduces the size of the email being sent.
Yes you are right mentioning the size, but i need to attach an other certificate, which i could not hold for longer time on my drive.

Regards
Daniel

Daniel Wintersdorf

May 23, 2019, 3:11:32 PM5/23/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com

Mark Damon

May 23, 2019, 3:19:51 PM5/23/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com

Mark E. Damon
Educational Technology Coordinator
Google Certified Trainer
Medford Township School District
137 Hartford Road
Medford, New Jersey  08055

Website:  http://bit.ly/EdTechCoordinator

Daniel Wintersdorf

May 23, 2019, 3:24:19 PM5/23/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

i think i got it. I had the link in the sheets table but added it into the mail to get it attached. I didn't try to add it to the template to generate a second page with the second pdf. I will try tomorrow at work

Thanks
Daniel