Changes in Nuvola ADK

fenryxo

Feb 11, 2018, 11:29:48 AM2/11/18
to Nuvola Apps Development
Dear friends,

There have been a few changes in Nuvola App Developer Kit (ADK):
  • Use `nuvolaruntime -D` to load a web app script from the current working directory. Previously, `nuvola -A APPS_DIRECTORY -a APP_ID` was used and it is no longer supported. I believe the new way is more convenient.
  • ADK contains a work-in-progress Chromium backend. However, WebKitGTK is still the default one and you need to set `NUVOLA_USE_CEF=true` to use CEF instead. Please test your scripts with CEF as the WebKit backend will be later disabled (maybe in Nuvola 4.11).
  • WebKitGTK is no longer built with MSE support. I've given up to make it work.
  • ADK includes Standard JS style checker. You can use `standard --fix` to convert your script. It will be later mandatory.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Jiri Janousek, Nuvola developer