SDK 4.1.0 release

Jaak L

Oct 16, 2017, 3:58:14 AM10/16/17
to Nutiteq-dev
Hello,

I'm happy to announce CARTO Mobile SDK 4.1.0 final release. It has many major new features and updates, like offline geocoding, vector tile search, new more flexible offline routing etc.

* Detailed release and usage notes are here: https://github.com/CartoDB/mobile-sdk/releases/tag/release%2Fv4.1.0

Important note: we are deprecating old data source "nutiteq.osm" in favor to new called "carto.streets". This has new, incompatible internal vector data structure. Therefore maps with older versions are not updated in our server side anymore, and we do not guarantee that the data source will work after end of next year. If you use only online maps with bundled basemap styles, then changing data source to "carto.streets", and changing style ID should be only thing you need to change in your code with update to SDK 4.1.0. It is more complex if you have one of following:

1. Use custom basemap styles for vector tiles - then this needs to be updated
2. App has downloaded offline map packages - app needs to re-download packages from new source, and remove old packages.

Best,

Jaak Laineste,
CARTO Mobile