FREE health resource to college health clinics

kristine.callen...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2018, 11:30:57 AM9/25/18
to Nurse Directors
Hello to all Nurse Directors,

My name is Kristine Callender and I am the Programs Manager at the Spondylitis Association of America, a non-profit, at the forefront of the fight to promote medical research, educate the general public, and advocate on behalf of the spondylitis community.

One of our goals this year is to connect with local colleges/universities to provide services and resources to students and staff. All costs for the programs provided will be free of charge and will be taken care of by our organization. We simply want to raise awareness and provide education resources in hopes to get early diagnosis of this disease among young adults. We hope that we can not only educate students, but more so medical staff (primary care physicians, physical therapists, chiropractors, gynecologists, family physicians, endocrinologists, rheumatologists, orthopedists) on this disease to help eliminate the confusion that often times the symptoms of Spondylitis can have during the early stages.

I would love any feedback as to how to get onto college campuses and if you are interested for your school please message me as well.

Some things I am looking to implement:
· Immediate goal is to acquaint the college campus clinics to be aware of the diagnostic criteria for recognizing spondyloarthritis. SAA will set up a teaching module that would be delivered to clinic staff to "think spondyloarthritis" when specific criteria would be met.
· Provide wall posters for the clinic rooms, brochures and resource contacts.
· Setup lunch time meetings in the health clinics on campus and provide guest speakers to discuss the importance of early diagnosis.
· Provide literature to be included in campus newsletter to help raise awareness on the topic.
· Provide guest speakers to attend and present at school wide symposiums.
· Table/exhibit at medical events on campus to disseminate information.

Kristine Callender, MPH, CHES

Programs Manager

Spondylitis Association of America

To be a leader in the quest to cure ankylosing spondylitis and related diseases, and to empower those affected to live life to the fullest.

Direct: 818-465-4298

Office: 818-892-1616 ext. 236

16360 Roscoe Blvd. Ste 100 Van Nuys, CA 91406

Spondylitis.org