EMR

Angel

May 25, 2017, 12:31:09 PM5/25/17
to Nurse Directors
Hello,

I would love some suggestions regarding a quality EMR for a nurse directed Student Health (with some medical hours from a local clinic).  We are a small (about1300) university.  I would love to have the capacity to switch records to a system designed for a Student Health rather then being stuck with our current system (Titanium) which is fine for counseling but is woefully lacking in the Student Health side.

If you have a system and are willing to share the name, cost and why you like it I would greatly appreciate it.

Ironically, I am retiring and they are now realizing what I have been saying for years and want to look at systems.  I want to be sure that the one's I am suggesting will give whomever replaces me a headstart.

Thanks much,

Angel

sagutri...@smcm.edu

Jun 8, 2017, 10:26:53 AM6/8/17
to Nurse Directors, AWEI...@smumn.edu
Hi Angel

We have not gone live with our EMR yet, but we are using Medicat.  We utilize a Wellness Model for our student health center with CAPS and Health Services working as a team.  CAPS utilizes Titanium and I agree it is not equipped for health side.  We are a small public college of under 2000 students and we have nurse directed health services as well.  We will begin the transition from paper to EMR with our incoming freshmen class.  We are very excited.  There is a possibility that CAPS may transition to Medicat in the future as well.  I will have to check on the price of the system.  My Executive director purchased it before I took the position.  I know that the University Maryland uses Point Click for health services.  Those seem to be two common options for college health outside a larger healthcare system.

Respectfully,
Stephenie

Nicole Weathers

Jun 8, 2017, 10:34:01 AM6/8/17
to sagutri...@smcm.edu, Nurse Directors, AWEI...@smumn.edu
Do you or anyone else have an example of your paper forms for documentation. I work at a health Center where the physician is leaving and they are getting rid of the EMR since I will be the only RN in the office.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone