June NUNUG Meeting Tonight - Game Night!

Phil Gilmore

Jun 11, 2020, 2:34:11 PM6/11/20
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Meeting night TONIGHT for the Northern Utah .NET User Group.

Meeting Info:
Topic: Game Night Tonight!
Presented by: N/A
Date: Thursday, 2020-06-11
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
For our June NUNUG meeting we will have a game night tonight. Normally, we have a BBQ / Game night each summer but since we're all staying in, you'll have to do your own BBQ. But we'll be online with you to have our game night! We have been working hard on Kids Code Camp (kidscodecamp.org) and decided we deserved to have some fun. We will be online playing games at 6:30pm. We have set up a Discord server for everyone to coordinate and find each other. We will be ready to play any of these games:

* StarCraft - (Free) https://ift.tt/2o1S8D1

* StarCraft II - (Free) https://ift.tt/2JDTzjc

* Quake Champions (Free)
* Bethesda - https://ift.tt/30AOLoC
* Steam - steam://run/611500

* Team Fortress 2 - (Free) https://ift.tt/3dSgZis

We can all get on the discord server and decide which of these games we are going to play. Instructions: You'll need to install the Discord chat app. Once Discord is installed, add a server and enter this invite code: https://ift.tt/3fgVdFy Please get set up early so we can start playing. We'll be on the discord server early to help. Discord download: https://discord.com/

Location:
Online!  See links in the Abstract section.

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
OzCode
PostSharp

Other Announcements:

Kids Code Camp 2020!
June 6 - June 30

This free summer event is for kids of all ages who want to learn to code.  We teach them programming by building working video games.  Sessions will be released throughout the month of June.   This year, we have 3 Scratch games, a Python Pac Man game, a JavaScript Tetris game, a Unity3D Rocket game, a MonoGame RPG game and an Arduino electronics game.  Please spread the word to everyone you know who has children.  Volunteers are welcome too.

Introduction video:  https://youtu.be/KjOA-JafKz0
Please visit kidscodecamp.org for all the information.

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: http://bit.ly/join-nunug-slack-new/
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)