June NUNUG Meeting Tonight! - IAsyncEnumerable and IObservable

Phil Gilmore

Jun 10, 2021, 6:20:30 PM6/10/21
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Tonight is meeting night for the Northern Utah .NET User Group.

Meeting Info:
Topic: IAsyncEnumerable and IObservable
Presented by: Phil Gilmore
Date: Thursday, 2021-06-10
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
Have you ever needed to run code that requires you to start and stop in different places? How about a program that has a long running operation during which you'd like to report progress? Or how about an app that needs to report data asynchronously as it runs? These are all problems that can be solved with existing patterns which use interfaces like IAsyncEnumerable and IObservable. The IAsyncEnumerable and IObservable interfaces have been in the .NET platform for some time now, but are likely not as used as they could be. Join us in this presentation to learn how you can make use of them to make your programs easier to reason about, as well as easier to write to begin with. The IAsyncEnumerable interface allows us to load data asynchronously as we needed it, but can also be used to make a stateful algorithm easier. The IObservable interface allows us to publish data asynchronously as the application needs it in a decoupled and managed way. With the two combined, working with asynchronous data sources and certain complex algorithms becomes much simpler.

Location:
ONLINE (Zoom) at https://ift.tt/3lg8SA2

Map:
http://bit.ly/NUNUG-Map

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
O'Reilly Media
OzCode
PostSharp

Other Announcements:

(No other announcements)

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: https://nunug.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzA1MjcwOTg3MTcwLWY3YzI1MzQ4ZjQxYjc4NDdjZjc0YzgzNzdkOWQ0ZWU2MDNjNmMxYzgyMzMwNjYwMDFkMjY4NzA0M2Q2MzhjNTk
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)