March NUNUG Meeting - Verify is Worth 1,000 Asserts - An Introduction to ApprovalTests.Net

1 view

Phil Gilmore

Mar 9, 2020, 3:35:09 PM3/9/20
to nu...@googlegroups.com

NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Meeting night is coming up for the Northern Utah .NET User Group. Food and drinks will be provided and there will be giveaways!

Meeting Info:
Topic: Verify is Worth 1,000 Asserts - An Introduction to ApprovalTests.Net
Presented by: Phil Gilmore
Date: Thursday, 2020-03-12
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
When testing complex systems and objects, particularly in a legacy code base, you can find yourself writing a thousand Assert() statements to check the value of individual properties. What if you could write a single Verify() line that would validate the state of an entire complex object, or verify the full state of a View or Form? What if you could test the diff for a generated report or an image? That is the idea behind Approval Tests, a cross-platform and open source testing framework. The Approval Tests framework and related extensions are available on NuGet, and more information can be found at https://ift.tt/39FTZRC

Location:
872 W Heritage Park Blvd STE 200, Layton UT

If the front door is locked, please enter through the East door and ascend the stairs. If you need assistance, please call the phone number posted on the front door.

Map:
http://bit.ly/NUNUG-Map

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
OzCode
PostSharp
JetBrains

Other Announcements:

(No other announcements)

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: http://nunug-slack.herokuapp.com/
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)

Phil Gilmore

Mar 12, 2020, 1:09:09 PM3/12/20
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Meeting night is coming up for the Northern Utah .NET User Group. Food and drinks will be provided!

Phil Gilmore

Apr 9, 2020, 7:02:43 PM4/9/20
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Canceled
We won't be having a NUNUG meeting for March.  This has nothing to do with worldwide deadly pandemics of Coronavirus, week-long earthquakes or poisoned water supplies in Magna.  We've simply been too busy to put together a presentation this month.

We promise to consider trying to maybe do a little better next month.  If anyone would like to help out and volunteer to give a 1 hour presentation on any topic, it is always immensely helpful.  Please contact us directly using the links below or on Slack (new links below).

Hope to see you all next month (probably online).  In the meantime, please join our Slack channel and help boost the community there.  Thanks!