July NUNUG Meeting - ECS Architecture, Roblox Platform

1 view

Phil Gilmore

Jul 6, 2021, 10:05:31 PM7/6/21
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Meeting night is coming up for the Northern Utah .NET User Group!

Meeting Info:
Topic: ECS Architecture, Roblox Platform
Presented by: Phil Gilmore, Ben Zaugg
Date: Thursday, 2021-07-08
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
We have two game dev topics this month. First, Phil will go over the ECS architecture, a design found in many game engines, including the Unity3D Data-Oriented Tech Stack (DOTS). He'll show you a very simple custom ECS engine he wrote for Kids Code Camp to give you an idea of how they work. Second, Ben will cover the Roblox Game Platform. Roblox is surprisingly versatile. On this platform, you can play games or you can make your own simple, fun games using as much or as little scripting as you like. It can also be used as a kind of modeling system that you can explore in first person. Ben will show how to edit terrain, build models and build a simple pirate game in Roblox Studio.

Location:
ONLINE (Zoom) at https://ift.tt/3lg8SA2

Map:
http://bit.ly/NUNUG-Map

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
OzCode
PostSharp

Other Announcements:

Kids Code Camp 2021

You're never too young to start learning how to program!  Come online for a half-day of coding instruction for kids of all ages (5+) and abilities.  There are two classes per session in topics like Scratch, Python, JavaScript, Unity 3D, Electronics, and more!  In each class we'll teach them how to write a fun game on that platform.

Registration required!  More at kidscodecamp.org!

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: http://bit.ly/join-nunug-slack-new/
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)

Phil Gilmore

Jul 8, 2021, 8:27:39 PM7/8/21
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Tonight is meeting night for the Northern Utah .NET User Group!