January 2022 NUNUG Meeting - Bootstrapping Intelligence: Getting Started with Deep Reinforcement Learning

1 view

Phil Gilmore

Jan 10, 2022, 8:45:31 PM1/10/22
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
This message is to announce our upcoming meeting night for the Northern Utah .NET User Group.

Meeting Info:
Topic: Bootstrapping Intelligence: Getting Started with Deep Reinforcement Learning
Presented by: Bruce Nielson
Date: Thursday, 2022-01-13
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
Reinforcement Learning has created a lot of excitement with its success in Alpha Go beating the world Go champion, Lee Sedol. In this presentation, I’ll introduce you to Q Learning and how to convert a Q Learning algorithm into a Deep Reinforcement Learning algorithm to solve one of Open AI’s Open Gym problems: Lunar Lander.

Deep Reinforcement Learning replaces a Q Learning Q-table (a representation of every possible configuration of the problem you wish to solve) with a Deep Learning Neural Network. It works off an idea that is a bit hard to believe it even works – letting the Neural Net predict its own ground truth for training. By bootstrapping itself and letting rewards from the real world slowly guide it, it can successfully solve Open Gym games like Lunar Lander.

Also sharing on Zoom:
https://zoom.us/j/97500146056?pwd=bXVGeWZVS0c3REVSSlBZZTVtTndyZz09

Location:
872 W Heritage Park Blvd STE 200, Layton UT

Map:
http://bit.ly/NUNUG-Map

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
O'Reilly Media
OzCode
PostSharp

Other Announcements:

(No other announcements)

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: https://nunug.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzA1MjcwOTg3MTcwLWY3YzI1MzQ4ZjQxYjc4NDdjZjc0YzgzNzdkOWQ0ZWU2MDNjNmMxYzgyMzMwNjYwMDFkMjY4NzA0M2Q2MzhjNTk
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)

Phil Gilmore

Jan 13, 2022, 5:15:11 PM1/13/22
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Tonight is meeting night for the Northern Utah .NET User Group.

Phil Gilmore

Feb 8, 2022, 5:16:58 PM2/8/22
to nu...@googlegroups.com
NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
This message is to announce our upcoming meeting night for the Northern Utah .NET User Group.

Meeting Info:
Topic: 2022 Tool Review
Presented by: Phil Gilmore
Date: Thursday, 2022-02-10
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
This month we're going to look at a list of our favorite and most useful tools, utilities, extensions and services for getting your dev done.  This is a nice review of some we've shown in the past but also includes many new ones.

Phil Gilmore

Feb 10, 2022, 4:19:35 PM2/10/22