January NUNUG Meeting - NDepend

1 view

Phil Gilmore

Jan 6, 2020, 6:08:48 PM1/6/20
to nu...@googlegroups.com

NUNUG Meeting Announcement:
Meeting night is coming up for the Northern Utah .NET User Group. Food and drinks will be provided and there will be giveaways!

Meeting Info:
Topic: NDepend
Presented by: Nathan Zaugg
Date: Thursday, 2020-01-09
Time: 06:30PM

Abstract:
NDepend is the only Visual Studio extension that is able to tell the developer that over the past hour, the code just written has introduced debt that would cost for example about 30 minutes should it have to be repaid later. Knowing this, the developer can fix the code before even committing it to the source control. With NDepend code rules are C# LINQ queries that can be created and customized in a matter of seconds. These queries contain C# formulas to compute accurate technical debt estimations. The default rule-set offers over a hundred code rules that detect a wide range of code smells including entangled code, dead-code, API breaking changes and bad OOP usage.

Location:
872 W Heritage Park Blvd STE 200, Layton UT

If the front door is locked, please enter through the East door and ascend the stairs. If you need assistance, please call the phone number posted on the front door.

Map:
http://bit.ly/NUNUG-Map

Calendar:
http://j.mp/nunug-cal (Google calendar - click to add to your calendar so you never miss a meeting!)
http://j.mp/nunug-ical (iCal file for iPhones)

Sponsors:
We'd like to give a shout-out to our active sponsorships which are contributing to this meeting:
Mindfire Technology
OzCode
PostSharp
JetBrains

Other Announcements:

(No other announcements)

Contact us!
We are always available and most responsive on our Slack channel.
Registration: http://nunug-slack.herokuapp.com/
Discussion: https://nunug.slack.com/

You can also respond publicly by replying to this email or your can contact us privately here:
http://j.mp/nunug-contact

Visit our website (below) for all the latest information.

The Northern Utah .NET Users Group
http://nunug.org (web)

Phil Gilmore

Jan 9, 2020, 2:55:25 PM1/9/20