V2 Result Writer extension 3.7.0 Released

Charlie Poole

Sep 16, 2021, 7:48:00 PM9/16/21
to nunit-developer, NUnit-Discuss
Hi All,

The last release of this extension was in 2017, so I'm glad to get it out finally. There were only a few bugs and they have been fixed but not released for quite a while.

The greater part of the work on this release was the automation of the release process. There are still a few glitches (see below) but most of the publication of packages and the creation of GitHub releases was done automatically as part of the AppVeyor build.

There was a failure in publishing to NuGet due to an invalid API key. The build now goes ahead and publishes to other package sources (e.g. chocolatey) before failing in this case. Once I fixed the API key, I ran a local target to push the build to NuGet and another to create the production release. This ability to run single targets locally seems like a good approach for getting releases out quickly after a single step has failed.

Charlie