plotting library (matplot)

barth.a...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2014, 6:23:08 AM3/24/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I made a plotting library in javascript (matplot, https://code.google.com/p/matplot/) that others might find useful too. I has a matlab-style API and can render in SVG (vector-based) or HTML5 Canvas (raster-based). I started to write this library because I could not find a library that could to pcolor-like plots (i.e. a 2D field where the value is represented by a color from a color bar). There is now some support for 3D-plots too in matplot.

If you are interested, you can find examples here:
http://matplot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demos/index.html

The code is under the MIT license. For now the only documentation that is available are the examples (unfortunately).
The only dependency that matplot has is numericjs (which should not be a problem for the people on this list:-).

Best regards
Alex

Sébastien Loisel

Mar 24, 2014, 10:30:17 AM3/24/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com
This is very nice. I would really like to update numeric in the next little while -- there's a one-year backlog of bugs. I originally made a library like yours but I wasn't sure where to go with it so I ripped it out and used flot instead. I'll take a look.

Sébastien Loisel
Department of Mathematics
Heriot-Watt University
Riccarton EH14 4AS