Saving Workshop

Owen Densmore

Mar 6, 2014, 6:24:06 PM3/6/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com
I'm just starting to use numeric's workshop. Is there a doc for the workshop?

For example, I found shift-return keeps me in the current box, nice!

But I haven't figured out how to save the current permalink I've made.  Is there a "save" command of some sort so that after I've created my permalink, I can update it later?

And I suspect there are lots of other questions but these were the first to come along.

Thanks,

   -- Owen

Sébastien Loisel

Mar 6, 2014, 11:33:14 PM3/6/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Quick reply from my phone before I go to bed: there is no save feature but the browser local storage should save the last thing you worked on.

Thanks.

Owen Densmore

Mar 7, 2014, 12:11:36 AM3/7/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Lovely library.

   -- Owen

Owen Densmore

Mar 8, 2014, 1:00:42 PM3/8/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see: numeric uses local storage by default and the permalink is used to store the worksheet on the web to share with folks.

So I'm guessing the workflow is:
- Use the local storage for trying things.
- When complete, or at a "commit" state, create a permalink to it.
- When moving on to new work after creating permalinks, "start over" to clear the local storage, with the permalinks as a set of useful worksheets, a history.

Local storage is lovely!  Are the permalinks on github?  Would make sense.

On Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:11:36 PM UTC-7, Owen Densmore wrote:
Thanks! Lovely library.

   -- Owen

Sébastien Loisel

Mar 9, 2014, 11:06:49 PM3/9/14
to nume...@googlegroups.com

Didn't see this email earlier. The permalinks are in an SQL database.