sigmoidal curve fitting

j_j_boo...@yahoo.co.uk

Nov 3, 2015, 11:21:47 AM11/3/15
to numericjs
Hi everyone does a routine exist to fit data to a 5 parameter sigmoidal curve? Of the form

y=y0+(a/((1+exp((x-x0)/b))^c)

Sorry about all the brackets. There are plenty of online programs that do this but I want to include it in my webpage (I'll give credit etc).

Thanks in advance

Jonny

Sébastien Loisel

Nov 3, 2015, 2:15:44 PM11/3/15
to nume...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonny,

I'm not sure if this helps but did you try numeric.uncmin()?

http://numericjs.com/workshop.php?link=0741c34cadefd2658a89f0830184f22f1f51859e8fee378a8c96399d73d93a24

Thanks,
> --

Sébastien Loisel
Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University
Riccarton, EH14 4AS, United Kingdom
web: http://www.ma.hw.ac.uk/~loisel/
email: S.Loisel at hw.ac.uk
phone: +44 131 451 3234
fax: +44 131 451 3249

Gary Ballantyne

Nov 3, 2015, 4:57:41 PM11/3/15
to nume...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonny

We are working on http://blabr.io (using numericjs) that can embed
scientific computation into your site.(Thanks Sébastien!)

An example for your sigmoidal function is here:
http://blabr.io/?e217f3f54f89b6edeff6 (there is a code snippet to embed
in your site).

Please note that embedding is being developed as I write, and is a week
or so away from being fully baked. Nevertheless, I hope you find it
useful--any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Gary