Random person variable errors

adelle colbourn

Aug 25, 2022, 6:01:30 PM8/25/22
to Numbas Users
Hi

I have noticed over the last few days that every time I open any of my existing questions that use the random person extension, I’m getting an error on all of the variables related to the random person. They say 'Error evaluating variable XXX: Variable person is not defined'. The variable called person is defined as random_person() and the random person extension is ticked. The variable person shows the following error: Error evaluating variable person: Function random_person is not defined. Is random_person a variable, and did you mean random_person*(...)?

The question, however, still works fine, despite these error warnings.

If I uncheck then re-check the random person extension tick box, then all the errors disappear.

This is not a major problem as the questions still work, but it is disconcerting. I just thought you should be aware of it (if you are not already).

Regards

Adelle.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Aug 30, 2022, 3:11:15 AM8/30/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adelle,
This is because the random person recently switched to using more than one file, and the code to load extensions in the editor didn't account for that. Coincidentally, this bug had been annoying me all last week so I fixed it on the development branch. I've merged that into the main branch, so you shouldn't see it happen again.