Assignment parameters always changed and student work can't be saved

Chunhao Lyu

Mar 17, 2023, 8:02:18 PM3/17/23
to Numbas Users
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have the following issues which let me a bit crazy...

1. Once I generated the SCROM package and uploaded to our Canvas system. The assignment can't be run properly on google chrome, and only works on Firefox (tested on my own computer, test student mode). Then, I ask all my students to use Firefox for their assignment. I hope everything will be good.

2. However, yesterday, some students told me that, even they always use Firefox, their parameters on the questions were still changed, after they pause and resume the assignment. Not for everyone, which means, my Numbas setup should be correct. At the same time, their previous work can't be save in the platform properly.

3. I don't have the Numbas dashboard, which means, I can't check students answer and reopen their work if anything happened. I checked with our L&T team, looks like that belong to our Uni platform was not properly setup.

I'm really not sure if that some issue belong to Numbas, Canvas, or setup in our Uni? Does anyone have similar issue? Any idea you could provided will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advances.

Best regards,

Alan

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 28, 2023, 4:58:35 AM3/28/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Do you know what SCORM player you're using? It sounds like there's an error with the SCORM connection, so attempt data isn't saved.
When there's an error in Chrome, can you open the developer tools (press the F12 key) and tell me if there are any error messages there?

Christian

Message has been deleted

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 28, 2023, 6:14:27 AM3/28/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I think the problem is with your SCORM player, so I don't think there's anything I can do at the moment.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 11:11, Chunhao Lyu <chunh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Christian,

Many thanks for your help.

I'm not sure about the SCORM player version. I used CANVAS platform. I could check with our IT department.
Please see attached photo.

I kindly know how to solve this issue: When I saw this warning, directly close the browse and after 5 mins, relogin the assignment, the "resume" button will be appeared.

Warning - F12.jpg