Numbas LTI RedHat install setting SELinux to permissive mode

1 view

deevan shafait

Apr 12, 2021, 6:21:22 AMApr 12
to Numbas Users
Hi,

The install instructions indicate that SELinux needs to be set to permissive mode, what is the reasoning behind disabling SELinux? This is something we would like to avoid implementing.

Thanks,

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Apr 26, 2021, 9:12:35 AMApr 26
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deevan,
I honestly don't know! We don't use Red Hat or SELinux much here, so the published instructions represent what I did to get it working on a test machine, incorporating some feedback from other institutions running the tool on SELinux. If you can try not setting permissive mode, and let me know if it works or what problems you encounter, I'd really appreciate the help.