Numbas and OPAL

Julia Goedecke

Nov 5, 2021, 1:36:43 PM11/5/21
to Numbas Users
Hello,
does anyone happen to have any experience with using Numbas in OPAL?
I've just moved to the TU Dresden and have tried it: it says "loading"
but the question never shows. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or
if it just doesn't work well together?

Julia
--
www.julia-goedecke.de

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Nov 8, 2021, 11:03:11 AM11/8/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Julia, I don't have any experience with OPAL. Does it have a built-in SCORM player, or are you using the Numbas LTI provider?
Could we arrange a video call some time so I can see what happens?

Julia Goedecke

Nov 8, 2021, 1:18:38 PM11/8/21
to Numbas Users
Hi Christian,
It has a scorm player.

I thought maybe some of the other Germans on the list might happen to use it, but perhaps not. It has it's own system as well, Onyx, at least that's what they use here in Dresden. I was hoping I don't have to learn a new system but i might have to :-)

We could try a video call, I can do Tuesday between 10:30 and 1:30 your time or Thursday after 2 your time.
Possibly Friday any time too.

Best wishes,
Julia

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Nov 9, 2021, 8:56:51 AM11/9/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I had a busy morning, so missed the times you're free.
I've found this page in the OPAL documentation, which suggests it only support SCORM 1.2: https://www.bps-system.de/help/display/LMS/SCORM. Numbas needs SCORM 2004 v3. It looks like OPAL does support LTI, so you could try to get the Numbas LTI tool installed.

Ben Brawn

Nov 9, 2021, 4:18:44 PM11/9/21
to Numbas Users
Are you using it for marks or just formative assessment?

Julia Goedecke

Nov 9, 2021, 4:21:01 PM11/9/21
to Numbas Users
For formative I just do a standalone version as HTML page, that's fine. I was hoping to be able to use it for marks, but it looks like that needs more people on board. I expect they'll just tell me to learn onyx instead.
Thanks,
Julia