Please help!

Judy Rea

Nov 29, 2021, 6:47:34 AM11/29/21
to Numbas Users
Fellow Numbas users,

Please help. I have just opened and previously-working exam and I'm getting a new error (in italics below).
I don't even know where to start looking to solve this kind of issue.

I know I could build the question again ... but I was hoping to use it today in class! YIKES!!!

Any help would be great,
thanks a million

Numbas Error: Couldn't load an XML document: This page contains the following errors:error on line 1 at column 95: reuse of the xmlns namespace name is forbidden error on line 48 at column 1452: Namespace prefix ns1 for xmlns on math is not defined Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
Numbas Error: Couldn't load an XML document: This page contains the following errors:error on line 1 at column 95: reuse of the xmlns namespace name is forbidden
error on line 48 at column 1452: Namespace prefix ns1 for xmlns on math is not defined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

at Object.loadXML (https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/numbas-previews/en-GB/question-131772-00-pfc-3load-givendifferentinputs/scripts.js:43493:19)
at loadXMLDocs (https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/numbas-previews/en-GB/question-131772-00-pfc-3load-givendifferentinputs/scripts.js:43474:41)
at task (https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/numbas-previews/en-GB/question-131772-00-pfc-3load-givendifferentinputs/scripts.js:39692:25)
at pop (https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/numbas-previews/en-GB/question-131772-00-pfc-3load-givendifferentinputs/scripts.js:39716:13)

Timur Zaripov

Nov 29, 2021, 6:50:00 AM11/29/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Dear Judy,

The question doesn’t seem to be public, as I can’t access the preview.

With best regards,
Timur Zaripov.

Don Shearman

Nov 29, 2021, 7:25:28 AM11/29/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Judy

I had a similar issue with a test a couple of months ago. From memory i isolated the question that was causing the error by test running each question individually then created a new question and cut and pasted content from the problem question into the new one looking for the cause of the problem. In the end the new version of the question ran without modification so I still don’t know what caused it.

Regards

Don Shearman

Sent from my iPad

Judy Rea

Nov 29, 2021, 9:46:48 AM11/29/21
to Numbas Users
Hi Timur,
I think I've made it public now - thanks a million ...

Judy

Judy Rea

Nov 29, 2021, 9:48:39 AM11/29/21
to Numbas Users
Hi Don,
Thanks for getting back to me ... this group is great support - and so quick to respond! Thanks!!!
I think I'll have to do what  you suggest ... and make the questions.
I suppose it won't take that long - it's just a worry when you don't know when/why it could happen again.

Kind regards,
Judy

Timur Zaripov

Nov 29, 2021, 10:06:57 AM11/29/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Dear Judy,

I have not located exact issue yet, but narrowed it down to the “Examine each load” part - when it is deleted, the question runs.

As a separate issue one of the variables is not defined:
With best regards,
Timur Zaripov.

Timur Zaripov

Nov 29, 2021, 10:12:23 AM11/29/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
If you delete the hint in the “Examine each load” part and define the missing variable, the question runs.

Not sure what exact problem is, what I did is just copied the question and deleted the parts one by one.

With best regards,
Timur Zaripov.

On 29 Nov 2021, at 15:06, Timur Zaripov <zar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Judy,

I have not located exact issue yet, but narrowed it down to the “Examine each load” part - when it is deleted, the question runs.

As a separate issue one of the variables is not defined:
<PastedGraphic-1.png>

Judy Rea

Nov 29, 2021, 10:32:10 AM11/29/21
to Numbas Users
Thanks a million Timur! I'm sorted now.   :-)
I created this question when I hadn't really mastered (or even become proficient) with LaTex and there were quite a few errors in my 'hint' text.
All sorted now,
Thanks and I really appreciate the help ,
Judy

Timur Zaripov

Nov 29, 2021, 10:38:48 AM11/29/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com