Error creating custom part type

David Wishart

Jun 22, 2021, 11:34:01 AM6/22/21
to Numbas Users
I'm trying to make a custom part type so that I can use custom marking algorithms (I'm finally trying to wean myself off Javascript based ones) but I keep getting an error when I try to create one.

"Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'mark' in undefined"

If I go back into my profile then the part type is there but I get the same error if I try to edit it.

Any ideas?

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Jun 28, 2021, 6:27:45 AM6/28/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that was introduced as a result of the new constants system. I think I've fixed it now. Thanks for letting me know!

David Wishart

Jul 12, 2021, 5:26:13 AM7/12/21
to Numbas Users
Thanks, I can create one now. I'm not sure if this is something that I've inadvertently invoked on my system but the description box is reversing any text that I enter into it. I can't share it as I haven't filled out all the pre-requisite content yet but maybe you can see it on my profile, I only have one part type created.