'other.isTemperature' is undefined

William Haynes

Nov 30, 2021, 6:55:55 PM11/30/21
to Numbas Users
Hi Christian,

I opened an old question today and made a minor change to it, and when I test-ran it, it threw this error.

Numbas Error: Error evaluating variable ab: other.isTemperature is not a function. (In 'other.isTemperature()', 'other.isTemperature' is undefined)

The question has been working fine for two years, variable ab has a good value, and I never use temperatures so I'm stumped as to what has happened.

The question in question:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

Ben Brawn

Nov 30, 2021, 7:41:37 PM11/30/21
to Numbas Users

Looks like this affects any question using a quantity. I just tried making a question with a single thing in it, the variable with value qty(4,"m") and got the same error. The last update to the quantities extension might have a typo.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Dec 1, 2021, 3:29:37 AM12/1/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry, I've had a few reports of this in the last 24 hours. I can't think what I would have changed to make that happen, but I'll take a look straight away!

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Feb 3, 2022, 3:30:55 AM2/3/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
I've just found this email in my drafts folder, which means I never sent it! Whoops!

In case you're still waiting for a response, here's what I would have said:

Found it: I made some changes to the compiler, which seem to have meant that scripts are evaluated in a different order, and the quantities extension didn't declare its dependency on the 'decimal' script.