Simplify error?

Ben Brawn

Mar 7, 2024, 6:46:08 AMMar 7
to Numbas Users
Here are some examples of strange behaviour with simplification rules

I have managed to get what I want from using \dfrac but I thought I'd report this since something appears buggy.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 13, 2024, 8:34:04 AMMar 13
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this. There was indeed a bug in the `simplifyFractions` rule, due to a bug really deep in the pattern-matching code. I've spent a couple of hours trying to fix the pattern-matching code and failed, so I've changed the rule to something that does work for this case, and added some new unit tests.

Ben Brawn

Mar 13, 2024, 8:35:11 AMMar 13
to numbas...@googlegroups.com