Setting different exam durations for different groups

Mark Callaway

Oct 3, 2022, 3:39:57 AM10/3/22
to Numbas Users
Hi all,

I have a quiz (numbas exam) that I have uploaded as a SCORM package to Moodle, and I would like to be able to set different time limits for different student groups - there are some students that have 25% extra time. Is there a way to do this?

A work around would be to create two versions of the exam and restrict which student groups in Moodle can access them, but I was wondering if there was a more direct approach.

Many thanks!
Mark

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Oct 3, 2022, 3:47:39 AM10/3/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
If you're using the Numbas LTI tool, you can do this with access changes. See the documentation: https://docs.numbas.org.uk/lti/en/latest/instructor/resources.html#access-changes
If you're using Moodle's built-in SCORM player, you'll have to make two versions of the exam and add access restrictions in Moodle to control who sees each one.