Two related issues? LaTeX not rendering in Preview

adelle colbourn

Mar 25, 2021, 12:30:39 AM3/25/21
to Numbas Users
Hi,

Earlier today I had a strange issue where text disappeared from view whenever I clicked in a Statement or Parts box to edit it. This was rectified by upgrading my Chrome browser to the latest version. A colleague of mine had the same issue at the same time, so others too may have this problem.

However, now LaTeX is not rendering in Preview for me - the LaTeX code is visible instead. Note - the LaTeX correctly renders in the popup preview when you click inside the LaTeX code, it’s only when clicking the Preview button that the problem is happening.

I don't know whether this problem is related to the Chrome update or purely coincidental.

What can I do to get Preview to function again?

Regards,
Adelle.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 25, 2021, 4:42:52 AM3/25/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
I updated TinyMCE, the package that provides the text editor. It looks like the cache invalidation didn't work as it should, so clearing your browser's cache should get it going again.
I also forgot that the editor uses customised 'image' and 'preview' plugins, so those were overwritten with TinyMCE's defaults. I've restored those.

adelle colbourn

Mar 25, 2021, 5:56:43 AM3/25/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - I've cleared the browser's cache and Preview is working properly once more.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Numbas Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/numbas-users/CAEMHSOhKN-NMU17p4AOknB21prC5bnT0a_ostGsnT%3Dhq-PfiTA%40mail.gmail.com.