Total score not appearing in Quiz summary

Belinda S

Mar 7, 2023, 2:34:48 AM3/7/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,
We love Numbas for various math quizzes but are having difficulty with final scores.

We don't want the students to see the scores for each question, but need the final score to appear on the results summary once they are finished. We don't currently have the LTI installed, so we are using the SCORM package to deploy within Canvas.  Previously we found that sometimes the final score doesn't come through correctly or at all, so getting students to "print the exam transcript" or even just the performance summary is a good alternative.  However, even selecting the "Show score in review mode" in exam feedback settings doesn't include any scores on the resulting summary.  Can you offer any advice on how to do this or is it even possible?

Regards,
Belinda

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 8, 2023, 3:14:30 AM3/8/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Belinda,
Which SCORM player are you using? Can you give me a link to the exam in the Numbas editor?

Belinda S

Mar 13, 2023, 7:39:25 AM3/13/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,
Sorry for the late reply - was busy with teaching.  The numbas quiz link is:  https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/exam/7399/diagnostic-quiz/

Regards,
Belinda

Belinda S

Mar 13, 2023, 7:41:30 AM3/13/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
We use SCORM in Canvas.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Aug 2, 2023, 4:48:30 AM8/2/23
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've finally looked at this - sorry for taking so long.
I think the logic for deciding when to show scores was incorrect - it was only showing scores if expected answers have been revealed, while it should be possible to show scores but not expected answers.
I've made some changes to the logic, so now scores are shown if expected answers have been revealed OR if the exam is in review mode and "show score in review mode" is turned on.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Sep 26, 2023, 6:44:39 AM9/26/23
to Numbas Users
We've found out that the change I made has made it so that you can't have scores only revealed when re-entering an exam in review mode, which several people require for in-course assessment.
We really need another setting, to express exactly when scores should be revealed. I've added an issue to the issue tracker about this: https://github.com/numbas/Numbas/issues/1042
For now, I've reverted the change I made, so we're back to the old behaviour where you can't get scores to be revealed but not expected answers. I think this is safer, by revealing less information.
We'll try to work out a solution that accommodates both ways of working soon.