How to hide the button Display options

Antonio Gagliarducci

Aug 11, 2021, 9:32:21 AM8/11/21
to Numbas Users
Hi there,

is it possible to hide the button Display Options present on the test?

Immagine.png
Do I have to create a custom theme for the exam to do this?

I have already read the documentation but have found nothing about this theme :F

Thank you for the response
Best regards

Antonio Gagliarducci
Tharsos Srl

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Aug 12, 2021, 3:32:54 AM8/12/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you'd have to make a custom theme to remove it.
Why don't you want to show it?

Antonio Gagliarducci

Aug 12, 2021, 8:24:26 AM8/12/21
to Numbas Users
Because it could confuse the users, it is a request from my company;
To be honest I think that the button is a good feature, but we have alot of learners that make mistakes easily.

Do you know what I have to change in the custom theme? Do you know the id  that I have to make it `display:none` to hide the Display Option Button?

Thank you for the answer
Antonio

Antonio Gagliarducci

Aug 12, 2021, 8:44:47 AM8/12/21
to Numbas Users
The button doesn't have an id, but the solution I think it is pretty simple, when you make a custom theme you have to delete in the html files these buttons:

<button class="btn btn-default navbar-btn center-block thin-button" type="button" data-bind="click: Numbas.display.showStyleModal" data-localise="control.style options"></button>

There are atleast 4 of them in the default theme.

Antonio

Antonio Gagliarducci

Aug 12, 2021, 9:04:59 AM8/12/21
to Numbas Users
You have to change 4 files:

- templates/frontpage.html
- templates/menu.html
- templates/nav-menu.html
- templates/nav-sequence.html

After removing these button from the theme it worked!

Antonio

William Haynes

Aug 12, 2021, 9:14:13 AM8/12/21
to 'guillaume theo' via Numbas Users
I also wanted to remove the display options button when I first saw it.

In reflection, I think that the problem is that the button is too prominent as it is currently displayed.   Its placement and size make it look more important than the pause or end exam buttons.

Perhaps a better solution would be use a small gear icon somewhere else, since display options are really a user setting.

Will

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 14:32, 'Antonio Gagliarducci' via Numbas Users <numbas...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi there,

is it possible to hide the button Display Options present on the test?

<Immagine.png>
Do I have to create a custom theme for the exam to do this?

I have already read the documentation but have found nothing about this theme :F

Thank you for the response
Best regards

Antonio Gagliarducci
Tharsos Srl

Antonio Gagliarducci

Aug 12, 2021, 9:37:56 AM8/12/21
to Numbas Users
It seems a good idea for me :)

Antonio

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Aug 12, 2021, 10:00:08 AM8/12/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the appearance of the button. To be honest, I just put it in as a standard <button> tag to get it working, and haven't thought about it since. It needs to be fairly big and prominent, though, because for the people who need it, it needs to be easy to find and to click. I'll do some experimentation.