502 Bad Gateway

svda...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2022, 9:49:03 AM9/27/22
to Numbas Users
Hi,

Anyone else having trouble reaching https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/ today?

Simon

Ben Brawn

Sep 27, 2022, 10:01:22 AM9/27/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Working fine for me here.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Sep 27, 2022, 10:06:19 AM9/27/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
In the logs there are some error messages about too many connections to the database, so this will be intermittent. I'll investigate if it's a denial of service attack, or something else.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Sep 27, 2022, 10:39:49 AM9/27/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
There have been no errors in the last 90ish minutes, so I think this was a one-off problem. Please tell us if you see this again.

svda...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2022, 11:08:18 AM9/27/22
to Numbas Users
Hi,

Thanks. Started working 20 min later. Rush hour?

Ben Brawn

Sep 29, 2022, 8:11:49 AM9/29/22
to Numbas Users
I'm getting the same 502 now
and then on refresh:

Server Error

Something's gone wrong. Sorry about that.

If you've got the time, please email num...@ncl.ac.uk with a description of what you were trying to do.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Sep 29, 2022, 8:18:18 AM9/29/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry about this. We had a look at the database server yesterday and decided it needs to be upgraded. It's shared with some other services inside the school, so it must have just tipped over its capacity.