Unsortable gapfill

Martin Jones

Nov 22, 2022, 10:16:40 AM11/22/22
to Numbas Users
As the system has requested that I report this bug, please see screenshot below.

It's not surprising that the sorting feature has not worked, because one of the answers has a unit and the other does not. Perhaps it should just not try to sort in this case? Or better still, try marking the answers in every possible permutation and output the best mark?

Unsorted gap.png

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Nov 22, 2022, 10:17:36 AM11/22/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
As ever, please can you give me a link to this question so I can investigate?

Martin Jones

Nov 22, 2022, 10:20:28 AM11/22/22
to Numbas Users
Sorry :)
Live exam, so can't publish for everyone to see.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Nov 22, 2022, 10:43:47 AM11/22/22
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
The problem was that it was trying to compare the two quantities to work out which should go first, and I didn't realise that it throws an error when you compare two incompatible quantities. I've changed it to return 0 instead, and the question now works.