Am I the only one that can't log in?

Ben Brawn

Dec 14, 2021, 11:44:20 PM12/14/21
to Numbas Users
I get to the https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/ login page and when I enter my details I get "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)"

I've cleared cookies and tried on a different device.

TIA

Don Shearman

Dec 14, 2021, 11:46:10 PM12/14/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
HI Ben

I've been getting this all day too.

Regards

Don Shearman

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Dec 15, 2021, 3:58:56 AM12/15/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about this. I made an upgrade to the editor yesterday, involving moving some things around in the database, and it turns out that the rearranged database query runs _very_ slowly. I didn't notice this on my development environment because it doesn't have much content! I've made a quick change to the query so it at least runs, and I'm going to look into optimising the original query now.

Christian

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Dec 15, 2021, 5:10:28 AM12/15/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
I've worked out what was making the queries slow, and rearranged things so they now run quickly. A satisfying outcome!
Please let me know if you see anything else in the next few days that I've accidentally broken.

Mike Proudman

Dec 15, 2021, 7:34:06 AM12/15/21
to Numbas Users
Over the last couple of hours, I've been unable to create a new question.
Gives a  Server error

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Dec 15, 2021, 7:41:55 AM12/15/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Whoops - I split the database migration into two parts, so that I could quickly roll back if it went wrong, but that meant that a column which should eventually be removed was still present, so there was an error when creating a new question.
I've run the second half of the migration, and I can now create a new question.

Message has been deleted

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Dec 15, 2021, 7:45:05 AM12/15/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
yep, that was my debugging display while I fixed it. Should be OK now.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 at 12:42, Mike Proudman <mikep...@gmail.com> wrote:

Don't know if this helps - now doing something different:
error.png

Timur Zaripov

Dec 15, 2021, 7:45:32 AM12/15/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
As a data point, I have just tried to create the new question and exam. It seems to work.

With best regards,
Timur Zaripov.