Hiding "Try another question like this one" (in case there are no variables)

Stephan Boltzmann

Mar 19, 2021, 9:16:21 AM3/19/21
to Numbas Users
Hello everybody out there using Numbas,

The button "Try another question like this one" is shown at the button of each question irrespective of whether the corresponding question iis actually varied by variables or not.
Is it possible to hide this button?

Kind regards
Stephan

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Mar 22, 2021, 7:47:10 AM3/22/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephan,
At the moment, you can only turn that button on or off at the exam level, applying to all questions, with the "Allow user to regenerate questions" setting.
Even when a question has no variables, I can see the value of having another go in certain circumstances, so I don't want to make it automatically hide the button when there are no variables.

Stephan Boltzmann

Mar 24, 2021, 8:10:16 AM3/24/21
to Numbas Users
Dear Christian,

Thanks a lot for your answer, which does exactly what I want.
I had found changing allowregen=\"True\" to allowregen=\"False\" in script.js as a workaround, but it makes of course much more sense to use the interface instead of editing the script directly.

Kind regards
Stephan