Histogram Question

cat.b....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 12:33:13 PMMar 14
to Numbas Users
Hi,

For the question linked below, when the histogram is displayed, it is possible to scroll to the right where there is a 'refresh' button in the top right hand corner (see screenshot attached, histogram_before). If you press the refresh button, the histogram changes to a different histogram with a class width of 1 (see histogram_after). The answers to the question relate to the original histogram that was initially displayed.

The question does not allow for a histogram with a class width of 1 so I cannot understand why this happens. Is there a way to stop the 'refresh' option that changes the histogram?

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Catherine
histogram_after.PNG
histogram_before.PNG

Ben Brawn

Mar 14, 2024, 11:46:24 PMMar 14
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Ok,  this is a setting in geogebra rather than numbas. I'll try to run through where it is.

You go to your geogebra file (so https://www.geogebra.org/m/U3emHUxY )
A the top right click the three dots and hit edit (so probably this address https://www.geogebra.org/material/edit/id/U3emHUxY )
Then move your cursor to the picture of your applet and a pencil will appear (top right of the picture) and click the pencil.
Then click Advanced Settings (which is under the picture) and untick "show icon to reset construction"

image

Catherine Palmer

Mar 19, 2024, 6:24:45 AMMar 19
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Thanks a million for figuring the Geogebra settings out. I have made that change and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Catherine