Own installation of Numbas Editor?

Catherine Bazela

Apr 7, 2022, 9:20:08 AM4/7/22
to Numbas Users
Hi all,

We were wondering if people could offer some insight into the benefits of an institutional installation of the Numbas editor rather than using the editor hosted by Mathcentre?

We're asking as we've had questions from staff about transference of work when people have left the university and are uncontactable, and as far as we know, we don't have access to this using the open editor. Would we have access to this on our own installation?

Are there any other benefits or problems to having your own installation?

Many thanks
Cat
--

Catherine Bazela (She/her) BA(Hons) MSc(Econ) FHEA

Digital Learning Adviser

Digital Learning Team
Academic Programmes & Student Engagement
University of Sheffield
New Spring House
231 Glossop Road
Sheffield
S10 2GW

Tel: 0114 222 0411 (NOTE PREFERRED CONTACT IS VIA EMAIL)
Working hours Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm

I am currently splitting my working hours between on campus work and remote working.

My preferred method of contact is email, Google Chat and Google Meet.

I don't expect you to respond to my email outside your working hours.