Completion in Blackboard

Tom Salyers

Sep 17, 2021, 6:18:31 AM9/17/21
to Numbas Users
Hi, all.

We've got a couple of Blackboard courses with Numbas quizzes in them where the instructor is reporting that even though the students have completed them, they're getting  incorrectly flagged as overdue in Blackboard.

My question: does Numbas have any responsibility/functionality for reporting back to Blackboard that an assignment or quiz has been done, or is that purely an internal Blackboard thing? I'm trying to figure out exactly where the problem might be happening. Thanks in advance for any kind of information.

--
Tom Salyers

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Sep 20, 2021, 4:22:20 AM9/20/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
The LTI reporting protocol only lets us report a number back, representing the score. Do the affected students have scores in the grade book?

Tom Salyers

Sep 20, 2021, 6:13:12 AM9/20/21
to Numbas Users
I'm not sure--I'm still waiting on information from the person who reported the issue.  She's also mentioned, though, that she's seen similar problems with Turnitin reporting false overdue notices in Blackboard, so I think we might be narrowing it down to a Blackboard-specific problem.