Issue with conditional visibility

Don Shearman

May 6, 2021, 7:34:19 PM5/6/21
to Numbas Users
I've just come across an issue when using conditional visibility of text in a question where the text includes multiple paragraphs. In this instance, if multiple paragraphs are hidden white space is created in the question. This does not happen when previewing the question in the editor but is visible when using the Test Run link. The amount of white space in the page depends on the number of paragraphs hidden by the conditional visibility.

I've managed to get a work around by replacing the <span> tag used by the conditional formatting with a <div> tag outside the paragraph but it's rather clunky and time consuming to implement. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Regards

Don Shearman
WEstern Sydney University

Christian Lawson-Perfect

May 10, 2021, 3:10:06 AM5/10/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Can you give a link to an example?

Don Shearman

May 10, 2021, 6:43:34 AM5/10/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian

The original question can be found at https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/question/share/view/da5eb11d-09af-4459-b5ad-bc1619ac1ec5 and my revised version at https://numbas.mathcentre.ac.uk/question/share/view/fef5b6e3-fca1-4e51-b40b-42a41d20fd54. The issue only shows up in Test Run (an presumably if the question runs in a test) and only if the denominator of the fraction is 3 or 8.

Regards

Don Shearman

Christian Lawson-Perfect

May 20, 2021, 10:55:29 AM5/20/21
to numbas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that helped me see what was going on. I've made a change that I think fixes it.