Error with variables

adelle colbourn

Aug 11, 2021, 11:35:54 PM8/11/21
to Numbas Users
Hi,

I have written a series of simple questions in Explore mode and all were working reliably.

I made a change to the html code in the Advice section in one of the questions, and I'm now getting an error with all of the variables. I commented out the new html and it has made no difference to the problem. I may have inadvertently changed something else, but we can't find anything out of place.

There are only three variables and they are all very simple. They are now all highlighted in pink, with the message "Testing condition not satisfied". However, I have not set up any variable testing. When I run the question I get the following error message: "A valid set of question variables was not generated in time".

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adelle.

adelle colbourn

Aug 12, 2021, 6:55:45 AM8/12/21
to Numbas Users
Cancel that plea for help. We've worked it out. In Variable Testing, Maximum number of runs was set to 0. I've changed it to 100 (which is what my other questions all are) and the question works once again. I don't know how it was changed, as I never use that feature.

Thanks,
Adelle.