New Gem: slimdx

Stefan Klinger

Sep 12, 2010, 9:32:50 PM9/12/10
to nu-net
I just created a gem for slimdx (http://slimdx.org).

https://rubygems.org/gems/slimdx/

Version 2.0.10.43 is for .net 2.0 of June 2010 release.
Version 4.0.10.43 is for .net 4.0 of June 2010 release.

Rob Reynolds

Sep 12, 2010, 9:42:41 PM9/12/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Only one note of feedback - when people call nu install slimdx (or gem install slimdx) without a version number, they are always going to get the 4.0 version of the framework.

It's totally up to you, but you may want to consider using a different versioning scheme.

____
Rob
"Be passionate in all you do"

http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynolds
http://ferventcoder.com
http://twitter.com/ferventcoder

Stefan Klinger

Sep 12, 2010, 9:58:35 PM9/12/10
to nu-net
I also thought about this, but the official release also uses the same
name for the .net 2.0 and 4.0 DLL so i also used this approach.
But i have documented it at the current packages wiki entry.

On Sep 13, 3:42 am, Rob Reynolds <ferventco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome! Only one note of feedback - when people call nu install slimdx (or
> gem install slimdx) without a version number, they are always going to get
> the 4.0 version of the framework.
>
> It's totally up to you, but you may want to consider using a different
> versioning scheme.
>
> ____
> Rob
> "Be passionate in all you do"
>
> http://devlicio.us/blogs/rob_reynoldshttp://ferventcoder.comhttp://twitter.com/ferventcoder

Rob Reynolds

Sep 12, 2010, 10:04:59 PM9/12/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com

We just package them all up together. One in a net-2.0 folder and one in a net-4.0 folder. We have some stuff on the wiki about making gems. http://nu.wikispot.org (although you might have already saw this).

Brendan Erwin

Sep 13, 2010, 8:34:38 AM9/13/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'd say package them together in the same gem. See:

http://github.com/nu/nu/issues#issue/5