NServiceBus missing NServiceBus.Host.exe?

Daniel Hölbling

Sep 5, 2010, 9:33:04 AM9/5/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,
I just installed NServiceBus through nu and found something odd:

* NServiceBus.Core.dll
* NServiceBus.Core.xml
* NServiceBus.dll
* NServiceBus.Host.xml    <------ the xml is here but the exe is missing?
* NServiceBus.Testing.dll
* NServiceBus.Testing.xml
* NServiceBus.xml
* nu_spec.yaml

The host executable should be part of the dlls as far as I can see that.

Could someone update the gem?

greetings Daniel

Andreas Öhlund

Sep 5, 2010, 9:56:28 AM9/5/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com
Strange, I'll look into it!!

/Andreas

http://andreasohlund.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/andreasohlund

Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 15:33:04 +0200
Subject: NServiceBus missing NServiceBus.Host.exe?
From: tigr...@tigraine.at
To: nu-...@googlegroups.com

Andreas Öhlund

Sep 5, 2010, 10:03:53 AM9/5/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com
Just reinstalled the gem on my machine and the .exe is there. Can you try to reinstall both the NServiceBus and the nu gems and see of it does it for you?

$ gem install nu
Successfully installed nu-0.2.4
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for nu-0.2.4...
Updating class cache with 1483 classes...
Installing RDoc documentation for nu-0.2.4...

andreas.ohlund@WIN2008R2 ~/dev/lab/nuu
$ nu install nservicebus
Installed package nservicebus.

andreas.ohlund@WIN2008R2 ~/dev/lab/nuu
$ cd lib

andreas.ohlund@WIN2008R2 ~/dev/lab/nuu/lib
$ cd nservicebus/

andreas.ohlund@WIN2008R2 ~/dev/lab/nuu/lib/nservicebus
$ ls
NServiceBus.Core.dll  NServiceBus.Host.exe  NServiceBus.Testing.dll  NServiceBus.dll  nu_spec.yaml
NServiceBus.Core.xml  NServiceBus.Host.xml  NServiceBus.Testing.xml  NServiceBus.xml
From: andreas...@hotmail.com
To: nu-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: NServiceBus missing NServiceBus.Host.exe?
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 13:56:28 +0000

Daniel Hölbling

Sep 5, 2010, 10:07:41 AM9/5/10
to nu-...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh stupid me..
My .gitignore ignored .exe files so it was purged from my folder when I did a clone :(

Sorry for the inconvenience... My bad..

greetings Daniel