Fwd: Oregon Number Theory Days Meeting on October 2, 2021

Farbod Shokrieh

Sep 12, 2021, 8:05:02 PM9/12/21
to nt...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oregon Number Theory Days <oregonnumbe...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 12:50 PM
Subject: Oregon Number Theory Days Meeting on October 2, 2021
To: Oregon Number Theory <akh...@uoregon.edu>, <chi...@pdx.edu>, Derek <gart...@pdx.edu>, Clayton Petsche <pets...@science.oregonstate.edu>, Holly Swisher <swis...@math.oregonstate.edu>

Dear Number Theory Enthusiasts of the Pacific Northwest and Slightly Beyond,

We are happy to announce the next meeting of the Oregon Number Theory Days, hosted by Portland State University on October 2, 2021, beginning at 10:15am in the Academic and Student Recreation Center (ASRC) room 001.

Our exciting list of speakers is:

John R. Doyle, Oklahoma State University,
Michelle Manes, University of Hawaiʻi,
Joseph H. Silverman, Brown University, and
Bella Tobin, Oklahoma State University.

They will give six talks, which will be accessible to students but aimed at presenting current research.

If you are interested in attending, please let us know you are coming by registering on our website (https://sites.google.com/view/oregonnumbertheorydays) by September 30.

There are funds available for travel and lodging; when you register you will be given an opportunity to let us know what funding you need. For questions about financial support, please feel free to email Liubomir Chiriac at chiriac(at)pdx(dot)edu.

A few safety notes:

All organizing institutions (Oregon State University, Portland State University, University of Oregon) require faculty and staff to be vaccinated.

At the moment, Portland State University requires the use of masks while indoors.

We have reserved a room with a large capacity, which will allow (very) ample space for social distancing during the talks.

On behalf of the organizers,

Shabnam Akhtari, University of Oregon
Liubomir Chiriac, Portland State University
Derek Garton, Portland State University
Clay Petsche, Oregon State University
Holly Swisher, Oregon State University