Number theory seminar: Tuesday Jan 17

Masahiro Nakahara

Jan 13, 2023, 11:55:36 AM1/13/23
to Number Theory at Univ. of Washington
Hi everyone,

Our first NT seminar this quarter will be Nick Rome from University of Michigan. We will be taking Nick to lunch afterwards.

Time: Tuesday, Jan 17, 11am
Location: MEB 243

Title: How often do equations have everywhere local solutions?

Abstract: I will discuss recent joint work with Dan Loughran and Efthymios Sofos, in which we propose a new conjecture for how many members of a family of varieties have points in all completions of Q. I will illustrate the conjecture by discussing an important new instance in which we have shown that it holds: the family of diagonal planar conics. This resolves an old problem of Serre.

Best,
Masahiro

Bianca Viray

Jan 17, 2023, 1:35:13 PM1/17/23
to ntuw
Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder about the first NT seminar of the quarter today!  We're in a different building this term: MEB 243. More info below.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 8:55 AM Masahiro Nakahara <mosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, Our first NT seminar this quarter will be Nick Rome from University of Michigan. We will be taking Nick to lunch afterwards. Time: Tuesday, Jan 17, 11am  Location: MEB 243 Title:  How often do equations have everywhere local solutions?Abstract:
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
You have not previously corresponded with this sender.
See https://itconnect.uw.edu/guides-by-topic/email-calendaring/protecting-your-email/email-tags/ for additional information.

Contact the UW-IT Service Center, he...@uw.edu 206.221.5000, for assistance.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
--
Number Theory at the University of Washington
http://www.math.washington.edu/uwNT

Bianca Viray (she/her)
Craig McKibben and Sarah Merner Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195