Re: Seo , Search Engine Optimizer , Seo Search engine Optimization , search engine optimization services, SEO Consulting

1 view

Se0 Guy

Jan 24, 2008, 2:12:47 PM1/24/08
contemplate the whole of
nature in her full and grand majesty, and turn his vision from the low
objects which surround him. Let him gaze on that brilliant light, set like
an eternal lamp to illumine the universe; let the earth appear to him a
point in comparison with the vast circle described by the sun; and let him
wonder at the fact that this vast circle is itself but a very fine point in
comparison with that described by the stars in their revolution round the
firmament. But if our view be arrested there, let our imagination pass
beyond; it will sooner exhaust the power of conception than nature that of
supplying material for conception. The whole visible world is only an
imperceptible atom in the ample bosom of nature. No idea approaches it. We
may enlarge our conceptions beyond an imaginable space; we only produce
atoms in comparison with the reality of things. It is an infinite sphere,
the centre of which is everywhere, the circumference nowhere. In short, it
is the greatest sensible mark of the almighty power of God that imagination
loses itself in that thought.

Returning to himself, let man consider what he is in comparison with all
existence; let him regard himself as lost in this remote corner of nature;
and from the little cell in which he finds himself lodged, I mean the
universe, let him estimate at their true value the earth, kingdoms, cities,
and himself. What is a man in the Infinite?

But to show him another prodigy equally astonishing, let him examine the
most delicate things he knows. Let a mite be given him, with its minute body
and parts incomparably more minute, limbs with their joints, veins in the
limbs, blood in the veins, humours in the blood, drops in the humours,
vapours in the drops. Dividing these last things again, let him exhaust his
powers of conception, and let the last object at which he can arrive be now
that of our discourse. Perhaps he will think that here is the smallest point
in nature.

Se0 Guy

Jan 24, 2008, 2:30:27 PM1/24/08
to find light.
Let them give to reading this some of the hours which they otherwise employ
so uselessly; whatever aversion they may bring to the task, they will
perhaps gain something, and at least will not lose much. But as for those
who bring to the task perfect sincerity and a real desire to meet with
truth, those I hope will be satisfied and convinced of the proofs of a
religion so divine, which I have here collected, and in which I have
followed somewhat after this order...

195. Before entering into the proofs of the Christian religion, I find it
necessary to point out the sinfulness of those men who live in indifference
to the search for truth in a matter which is so important to them, and which
touches them so nearly.

Of all their errors, this doubtless is the one which most convicts them of
foolishness and blindness, and in which it is easiest to confound them by
the first glimmerings of common sense and by natural feelings.

For it is not to be doubted that the duration of this life is but a moment;
that the state of death is eternal, whatever may be its nature; and that
thus all our actions and thoughts must take such different directions,
according to the state of that eternity, that it is impossible to take one
step with sense and judgement, unless we regulate our course by the truth of
that point which ought to be our ultimate end.

There is nothing clearer than this; and thus, according to the principles of