TeamViewer Breached

Philip Elder

Jun 28, 2024, 1:10:51 PM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to ntsys...@googlegroups.com

Some folks ain’t gonna have any sleep over the next while.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/resources/trust-center/statement/

What a Charlie Foxtrot.

We will never, ever, EVER, trust a Black Box ever.

We’d just about signed up with ConnectWise years ago when the announcement hit that they were breached. That was the last time we considered ever allowing a third party, a Black Box, anywhere near us or our clients.

Then SolarWinds. Then ConnectWise again. Now TeamViewer.

Oh, and folks post snips of their TeamViewer codes on Slack and elsewhere so their desktops are freaking OPEN to the world.

Reminds me of the Remote VNC situation back in the day where someone on Twitter was snipping their access to foundries and other such big “bombs” where they could jack the furnaces to max and watch the fireworks.

Philip Elder MCTS

Senior Technical Architect

Microsoft High Availability MVP

E-mail: Phili...@mpecsinc.ca

Phone: +1 (780) 458-2028

Web: www.mpecsinc.com

Blog: blog.mpecsinc.com

Twitter: Twitter.com/MPECSInc

Skype: MPECSInc.

Please note: Although we may sometimes respond to email, text and phone calls instantly at all hours of the day, our regular business hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday.