Cedars West

Francois de Kock

Jun 4, 2012, 8:51:54 PM6/4/12
to NTLWS LID Design Competition
I have a few questions about the Cedars West, Alford Refrigeration
Site:

1. What is the west extent of the project? E.g. does it extend beyond
the edge of the sump, if so, to where?
2. How flexible is the design of the water edge of the sump?
3. Is a detailed land use plan for the site available?
4. What are the land use values that need to be considered? E.g.
number of residential units, retail/restaurants, open space, parking
for residential and retail
5. To what extent should Riverfront Boulevard be considered in the
project design and from where to where?

Thank you

Dorcy Clark

Jun 5, 2012, 10:31:33 AM6/5/12
to NTLWS LID Design Competition
Thank you for your interest in the iSWM Design Competition. I believe
the Cedars West is going to be a great demonstration project. The
supporting document provided for the Cedars West project should
contain a aerial map with a red outline of the 60 acre site. If it is
not posted, please let me know. The site is primarily between the
railroad track and Riverfront but there is a portion of the site on
the other side of Riverfront Blvd.

The design of the water edge is flexible and should be seen as both a
site amenity and important water storage (sump) for Able pump
station.

There is not a detailed land plan for this site. Please use LID/iSWM
BMPs to determine building locations. There are no specifics related
to land use (ie. number of units, retail sf, etc). The site should be
contemplated as an urban, walkable neighborhood. You should consider
realities in development but note that this is a LID competition, not
an economic development competition.

Riverfront Blvd will be improved (improved sidewalks, amenities,
lighting, etc) but assume that the right of way is not changed.