S. Lamar GIS data request

Bill Campbell

Aug 17, 2012, 6:04:40 PM8/17/12
to ntlws-lid-desi...@googlegroups.com
Please supply the following GIS data for the S. Lamar project (within a 5 miles radius around the project):

- road/thoroughfare network
- utilities (storm, water, wastewater)
- floodplain
- parcels
- land use
- bus routes
- transit routes
- bus stops
- census data (2000 and 2010) - household income and population
- traffic counts
- safety/crash/accident data
- schools, churches, libraries, community centers, etc.
- vacant parcels
- speed limit data
- bike paths, trails, etc.
- parks

Dorcy Clark

Aug 21, 2012, 10:43:26 AM8/21/12
to ntlws-lid-desi...@googlegroups.com
We are working on providing GIS data for this site.

Dorcy Clark

Aug 24, 2012, 10:57:49 AM8/24/12
to ntlws-lid-desi...@googlegroups.com
The City of Dallas data (ie not owned by DART, DCAD, etc) that has been requested is now available.  For anyone wanting the information, please fill out the attached GIS form and I will sign as project manager.  Once submitted, I can provide a link via email (not this google forum site).  My email address is dorcy...@dallascityhall.com
GISagreectydata.pdf

Ben Mikesell

Aug 28, 2012, 11:45:43 AM8/28/12
to ntlws-lid-desi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making the GIS data available Dorcy.  It doesn't appear that there are any stormwater facilities between the project area and the Trinity River, though the contours would indicate that there must be some culverts under the railroad.  I’m wondering if these stormwater facilities are unmapped or if they were just outside of the area used to clip the data?  Could you please check the complete SW_Nodes and SW_Lines coverages and see if there are any facilities within the area highlighted in yellow on the image attached?
Railroad.jpg

Dorcy Clark

Aug 28, 2012, 4:35:22 PM8/28/12
to ntlws-lid-desi...@googlegroups.com
The lines in this area are very old and there is a chance that they are not documented.  Also, there may be lines that are not showing up due to ownership (ie rr easement issue) or security (near/under levee).  Thank you for working so diligently to capture the existing situation.  Please understand that, being a design competition, we do not expect absolutely accuracy in all of the assumptions.