1 view

Jonathan Raper

Mar 27, 2021, 12:53:30 PM3/27/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’ve got a migration to perform where Exchange 2010 (running on SBS 2011) is front-ended by AppRiver for spam filtering and they want to keep it when they move from on prem to 365 instead of using EOP.

The decision has been made to move forward with a Hybrid migration.

Exchange is fully up to date and patched and appears to be healthy, and Azure AD Connect is successfully syncing from a new 2016 DC.

Here’s my first question: Will running the HCW break anything related to AppRiver?

The plan is to maintain a 2016 Exchange on prem for management, but nothing else. The Ex 2016 server is not setup yet - the plan is to get all of the mailboxes migrated and then once the mail flow is all through 365 to spin up 2016 and then uninstall 2010.

Here’s my second question: I’ve got a new Server 2016 instance that is intended for the Exchange 2016 install (but as I mentioned, Exchange 2016 isn’t installed yet). Can/should I run the HCW from that new 2016 server instead of the SBS, and then once I install 2016 re-run the HCW?

Thanks,

Jonboy