EAS Desktop application

Keith Beahm

Apr 26, 2021, 2:34:30 PM4/26/21
to ntexchange
I vaguely recall an application that simulated EAS connections to validate and test new EAS deployments.  We recently remediated some security penetration findings on our NetScaler pair that hosts our EAS traffic, and when we rolled between the primary and secondary appliance all EAS connections immediately failed.  We would like to test with our alternate datacenter NetScaler pair using host file manipulations but we need a Win10 desktop application that can use EAS to do that.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and as always thank you for your time and consideration.

Michael B. Smith

Apr 27, 2021, 9:58:47 AM4/27/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

Test-HMAEAS.ps1 from here: https://github.com/microsoft/CSS-Exchange/releases

Also Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity from any domain-joined desktop that has the Exchange Management Tools installed.

Most desktop apps that I know of use EWS, not EAS. EAS is a rather weak protocol (in terms of capabilities). It was originally designed for the small and underpowered feature/smart phones of the very early 2000’s. EWS was designed to replace MAPI and has far more capabilities.

Both have been replaced (in the cloud, not on-premises) by Microsoft Graph.