Sorry if this has already been covered, but we are starting to get more and more reports of Outlook search functionality on desktops not returning complete results. The searches on phones show complete results, so I think it’s something related to the desktop software itself. I’ve rebuilt indexing, repaired office, all the common things and nothing seems to help. Anyone else experienced this and found a fix that works?
We are on-prem Exchange 2019 if that makes any difference.
Timothy P. Trice
Network Engineer - City of Madisonville Kentucky
77 North Main Street, Madisonville KY 42431
What version of Outlook are the users using, and are they running in Cache Mode?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ntexchange" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ntexchange+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ntexchange/b58acccadffe44449d5e69badf00394b%40madisonvillegov.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ntexchange/LOYP265MB18248B0F4CEBD9D1F0E67D20E6419%40LOYP265MB1824.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.
i know its not a solution but i hate the updated search feature. I tend use to ctrl+shift+f and get the old style search. Could be used as a workaround i guess
Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE: Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n’ouvrez aucune pièce jointe à moins qu’ils ne proviennent d’un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.
This is widely reported on both 2016 and 2019 after the last CU. MSFT is aware. I would expect to see a fix in the next CU (I have no inside information, just an expectation).
Yea, I found if we forced search to “All Mailboxes” it would search locally and was a decent work-around.
I also found a service on the server that had been set to disabled, and after I started it and set it back to Automatic it appears to be updating server indexes.
Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller was the service I had to restart.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ntexchange/0b8056be2303446987e638442528b4ea%40cgi.com.
Sorry for my late reply – we’ve seen this after moving a client from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2019. All clients on Outlook 2016. We found that using Outlook in Online mode would search properly, but performance would be awful. We’re going to be testing Outlook 2019 to see if it improves at all.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ntexchange/671652e87e1e4576a14e7ca6af6f1424%40madisonvillegov.com.